Brian's Excellent Krakow Adventure

Musings from Brian Desmond Issing as he lives the life of a Cracovian. (Someone who lives in Krakow, Poland.)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Brian Meets Monika and Rob – Saturday Morning – April 16, 2011

The first Polish national I ever met was Monika Lux-Huserik who was introduced to me by Ellen Meyer. Monika had recently joined I.P. and was working with Ellen on the old EDGE operating model project. She introduced me to Monika and Rob at the 2005 Memphis in May Sunset Symphony at Tom Lee Park. At that time I knew that I would be going to Krakow and told this to Monika. She was quite pleased to hear this and offered to meet for lunch to tell me all about her native land. I subsequently did so and a friendship soon followed. She went on to meet with my training staff to give us some pointers for use in Krakow.

Fast forward almost six years and Monika has recently taken a job in Krakow and she, Rob and their son Robby had moved over here in January. So, on Saturday we met for a walk around the city and lunch on the Rynek Glowny (Main Market Square).

We had an enjoyable time walking slowly around Krakow (Robby was in a stroller) catching up on what had changed in the city as well as their efforts to find a condo to purchase. (Tough going so far.)

After lunch we walked around the Easter Market in the square and then parted. Monika to go home to wash windows and me to have a “piwa”. Travel can be easy at times!

It was good seeing them and learning more about Poland from a local.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tracee said...

Hi Brian! It is so much fun reading your blogs!! It is like watching a great movie with historical flashback! I can see, hear, and smell the Polish atmosphere! It is so nice to hear of Monika and Rob's new addition, Robby.

Keep the blogs coming! Miss ya!

6:28 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home