Brian's Excellent Krakow Adventure

Musings from Brian Desmond Issing as he lives the life of a Cracovian. (Someone who lives in Krakow, Poland.)

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fall is Here







Walking home from church today I finally realized that autumn has come to Krakow. As I turned off of ul. Poselska and onto The Planty, my eye caught the splendid beauty of nature screaming that winter is coming; the colors of fall. I stopped in my tracks. As I looked right along the path that weaves through The Planty I saw nothing but splendid golds and yellows. The hard rain of the morning had knocked a million leaves off of the trees and onto the path completely obscuring the black asphalt. And not a person was in site making this one of those photo opportunities that does not repeat itself. I gasped in awe at this image and realized that my camera phone would not do it justice. So I briskly walked home and grabbed my real camera and returned to the same spot. But alas, in just 15 minutes of no rain, people began to flock to The Planty and my chance at a photo sans people had been dashed. I waited around for 10 minutes but there were just too many people out for a Sunday stroll. So I left. But I soon returned and had the chance to snap these. Although there are some people in the frame, they are just small images.

The rest of the day alluded to the season with heavy rain, blustery winds and a high temperature of only 59 F. I hope it stays this warm until I leave for Memphis on November 6th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home